- crop 2,000 acres of sorghum, soybeans, wheat, alfalfa and dryland corn
- acclaimProud, fourth-generation farmer producing corn, sorghum, wheat, soybeans and alfalfa
- words of wisdom"Sorghum is a flexible crop. If your plans don't work out as intended, it will typically still work with you if you're willing to give it what it needs and manage it intensely."
Earl's latest milestone
- Phillips 672
- 1 in.
- Ideal moisture
- Light disk to plant into moist soil
- In-furrow application of Stoller Stimulate™ Yield Enhancer (8 oz/A) mixed with 5 gallons 10-34-0 starter fertilizer
- 1.5 quarts of Lexar® EZ Herbicide applied pre-plant and 1.5 quarts of Lexar EZ Herbicide applied pre-emergence
- 140 units of anhydrous (N) in early March with the goal to plant in May, but then had 3 weeks of rain, so was delayed in planting
- 30 in.
Seed Brand/Hybrid used
Soil conditions at planting
Tillage system used
Dryland or Irrigated
Seed treatment/in-furrow products
Fertilizer applied prior to planting?
- 34,000 plants per acre
- Rained 3/4 of an inch on 6/23
Date of emergence
Rainfall to date/relevant growing conditions
5–6 Leaf Stage
- Foliar feed application of Bio-Forge® on July 26
- 1.4 inches rain on July 18 followed by 5 days of 100+ degrees; 0.5 inch of rain on July 25
Rainfall/Relevant growing conditions
- Generic pyrethrin applied 3.84 oz/A for head worms
- August 19, 2016
- None - leaf test showed adequate fertilizer levels
- 1.6 inches rain on 8/7; 0.3 inches rain on 8/12; moderate temperatures
Date to reach 50% flowering
Rainfall/relevant growing conditions
- Check back soon for harvest scorecard updates.